Anything ‘Junkier’ Than Status?

In Current Affairs
Junk-status-for-students

South Africa’s president, Jacob Zuma, can be said to be a man who has weathered many storms- and not the good kind, if storms can be said to be any good. Zuma’s 2006 rape trial recently resurfaced in 2016 under the hashtags #RememberKhwezi and #1in3. He has faced scandals involving alleged poisoning by his second wife, arms deal fraud in 2005 with Schabir Shaik, the switching of three finance ministers in one week and his relation to the infamous and influential Gupta family.

The latest in a line of scandals occurred the end of March, as South Africa witnessed Zuma call for a literal ‘groundbreaking’ cabinet reshuffle which resulted in the clearance of up to twenty ministers. A ‘cabinet reshuffle’ can be defined as the rotation and repositioning of ministers by the head of state. This reshuffle in particular can be deemed to be unprecedented due to the fact that former finance minister Pravin Gordhan has been replaced by Malusi Gigaba, former home affairs minister. Another reason being the fact that Minister of Social Development, Bathabile Dlamini, has managed to maintain her spot in cabinet despite her blatant incompetence in the recent SASSA scandal.

Article was originally publieshed on Activate by Leago Mamabolo and Geoffrey Shein

You may also read!

Aiden Markram and Lungi Ngidi join the Proteas

As Varsity Cricket gears up for an electric and colourful week in Potchefstroom, two former stars of the tournament

Read More...
Madibaz get a taste of Varsity Cup’s power play rule

Madibaz rugby player Justin Hollis will be keen to make an impact in the Varsity Cup this year. The

Read More...
Student News Africa Sales Position

Join Our Team Now, we are looking for a Digital Media Sales Rep

The Student News Africa team is growing and we are looking for experienced, energetic Digital Media Sales Representatives. You

Read More...

Mobile Sliding Menu

Social Media Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com