The Western Cape Government is seeking to employ prospective Chartered Accountants to receive training specialising in the Public Sector. The programme will enable you to put into practice the theory you have learned at university. We not only reinforce your academic education, but will also help you develop business acumen, professional and ethical values. We offer a dedicated team, whose purpose is to support your learning and development, assisting you in becoming the best Chartered Accountant you can be. This opportunity is stationed in Cape Town and the successful candidates must be willing to travel.
Key Performance Areas
- Successful completion of the SAICA qualifying examinations;
- Comply with the SAICA training regulations;
- Comply with the SAICA framework;
- Execute various internal functions at training sites, paying attention to detail;
- Identify internal control deficiencies and make recommendations thereto;
- Participate in team discussions/meetings;
- Conduct research on topics affecting The Western Cape Government and provide input/presentations.
- Certificate in the Theory of Accountancy (CTA) or equivalent from a SAICA accredited university, or registered for CTA
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to communicate at all levels;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, take initiative and work proactively in a team and independently;
- Responsible for the delivery of quality products and services;
- Must pay attention to detail;
- Communicate clearly, openly and honestly in all instances;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, determination and leadership potential are important.
For more information, please contact Ms Adila Aboo 021 483 9801
How to apply
Applications close on 15 September 2017. Click here to apply online