Founded in 1896 and set in the KwaZulu-Natal Midlands, Michaelhouse is a leading Anglican Independent Senior Boarding School for boys from Grade 8 to Grade 12.
TEACHER INTERNSHIP 2019
Our vision is to grow the next generation of great teachers for our school and country. Michaelhouse is looking for motivated young people, who are currently working towards a career in teaching, to join our intern programme commencing in January 2019.
Our internship programme offers both on-the-job training and mentoring and a holistic development plan for each intern. For more information about our Intern Programme visit: https://www.michaelhouse.org/about/intern-programme/
Full involvement in all aspects of school life is expected, including:
- Teaching practice and assisting in the classroom
- Involvement in pastoral care for example: boarding house, tutoring and bus duties
- Sports coaching
- Assisting with Clubs and Societies
- Being actively in our community outreach projects
Requirements: qualifications, knowledge and experience
- Prospective interns should be 21 years or older and currently studying a Bachelor of Education degree or another degree with the aim of studying a PGCE.
- Preference will be given to potential interns who wish to teach the following subjects: Maths, Physical Science, IT, English and/or Economics
- Experience in coaching school sport would be an advantage
- A desire to make a career of teaching, and a commitment to ongoing professional learning
- As Michaelhouse is a boys’ boarding school and interns are required to live in the boarding houses, preference will be given to male candidates
- Alignment with the Christian values and ethos of the school
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- A clear criminal clearance certificate
- SACE Registration will be required during the year, if not already obtained
To apply: email a motivation letter, a detailed CV and copies of your qualifications and statement of results to the email address email@example.com.
Michaelhouse is committed to transformation and in accordance with our Employment Equity Plan; preference shall be given, but not limited to, candidates from the designated groups.